Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Shower, Dinner with Friends, and Another Entry from My Spirited Kitchen

On Saturday I headed off to Brentwood for one of my best friends Kat's baby shower. I am so excited for little Caroline's arrival, and Kat is going to be an amazing momma! Caroline will actually help me with one of my Thirty Before Thirty things - change a diaper!

Lauren, Me, Kat, and Qiana

Decorating onesies for Sweet Caroline

The finished products. None of us should think of a career in infant apparel.

The shower was hosted at the beautiful house of a well know actor and actress. I wanted to move in as soon as I walked through the door! Maybe they will adopt me.

Cute outfit for little Caroline.

On Sunday night we had our friends Scott and Mia over for dinner and Wii. They have an adorable pug named Bella. Bella and Crispin are best friends. The two girls wrestled for about 5 hours straight.

Then Crispin was dead tired yesterday!


For dessert on Sunday, I decided to make Dark Chocolate Kahlua Brownies. They were delicious and easy to make! I decided to use a box mix for the actual brownies. The Ghiradelli mix is my favorite.

Then I added 2 shots of Kahlua. I keep mine in the freezer, so it is a bit frosty in this picture.

 After mixing everything together and baking, I let the brownies cool. I decided I wanted more Kahlua and chocolate, so I made a homemade icing. I took 1 Grihadelli dark chocolate bar and melted it in a pan. I slowly stirred in about 2 more shots of Kahula. The chocolate and alcohol were not mixing well, so I slowly stirred in some half and half until the mixture was nice and creamy again. Below is the finished product.

It was a hit, and more than half was gone after dessert was finished. I think the boys had thirds!

1 comment:

Tara Gibson said...

what a cute shower! those brownies look divine! Cute blog girlie!