Last week I went to see Coco By Chanel. I was super excited to see it because I LOVE the life of Coco Chanel (that could and might be another post), and I love Audrey Tautou. Overall I really liked the movie, but it was slow at times. I think I had built it up to be a better movie than it really ever could have hoped to be.
One thing I did love about it was the love story/stories. I'd call it a modern day love story - which in my definition is a love affair that does not end in typical Hollywood fashion. Sometimes in life two people come together for a moment or even years in order fulfill a need in their lives. This is not a selfish love, but one that is needed in order to move on and grow in life. When I worked on Once, I had to explain this exact concept to my boss when he said he was disappointed the film ended the way it did.
OK I think I might have spoiled two films for the person who might be reading this blog (still not quite sure there are many but one or two of you, but that is ok). Overall, I would definitely say go see it - or buy it on DVD when it comes out! ;)
Now onto my must see list. This list will take me through early 2010 - mainly looking towards Academy Award time!
1. Avatar - Seeing it Friday at 8:30 am. Another reason I need to remember I like my job - I get to see movies during the day.
2. A Single Man - Tom Ford's first forte into film as writer/director/producer. I think I am going to see on Saturday, and I cannot wait!
3. Crazy Heart - This year's Wrestler. Basically its Once meets Wrestler. It has Academy written all over it!
4. Alvin & The Chipmunks: Squeakel - Not an Oscar contender, but a fun family movie to see on Christmas!
5. Alice in Wonderland - Trailer is breathtaking and Tim Burton is a genious. Comes out early March ... seems like an odd date for the release.
6. Up in the Air - George Clooney enough said - BUT WAIT there is lots of Oscar buzz and GG nominations already!
7. Lots more... but I could honestly go on forever! SATC 2 is on my list, but May is too far out to be considered on THIS list! I have about 20-30 films to see before then!
No comments:
Post a Comment