When I first entered the workforce people tried to give lots of advice. Some I took, some I did not.
In my first job I met Nikki, whose brash tell it like it is attitude scared me to death. Of course I always took her advice for fear of my life or job. Nikki told me never decorate your office. "The people who spend too much time decorating their office spend too little time actually doing work." I have found this theory to be surprisingly true.
I took that piece of advice and never looked back.... until now. In my current job, everyone walks by my office, and notes that I need to decorate it. I guess an empty soda can laying next to the wastecan and notes about upcoming release dates posted to the wall don't count, humm.
I mean I have been here 4.5 years with no plans to leave, so I think it is safe to maybe add some decoration.
This made me laugh-out-loud. It sums up what goes through my head on a daily basis. Inappropriate for the office... maybe ... needed ASAP on my wall... yes!

No comments:
Post a Comment